The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Opportunity is awarded to support students who will enroll in a degree programme in the states.
This scholarship opportunity is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Department of State and implemented by IREX.
Through academic opportunities, professional engagement, and leadership development, the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) fosters economic growth, stability, and democratic development in Tunisia by equipping a network of youth with essential skills to lead positive change in their professional fields and communities.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Department of State and implemented by IREX.
IREX is a global development and education organization. We focus on people, not on roads, or wells. We work in more than 100 countries on issues such as education, leadership, information, and youth.
Criteria for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarships.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be international students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a well-rounded program experience with strong academic and cultural components participants attend a year-long academic program at four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
- Experience and ability to work with students from the targeted regions;
- Students contribute a minimum of 20 hours of community service work during the program and engage in in-person and virtual cultural exchange opportunities between Tunisians and Americans.
- Ability to provide personalized care
- Have a previous degree certificate with remarkable results.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the English language.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Tuition and mandatory university fees
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Method of Application: To apply to host for either of the programs, submit all application materials through the online application system.
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm EST on Friday, March 4, 2022.