The York University offers the Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships and the International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction specifically for international students who would like to take a full-time undergraduate degree at University of York.
York University in Ontario, Canada
Field of study:
Any undergraduate degree program that begins in the Fall 2020 term under the following faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business
Number of Awards:
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: 2
International Entrance Scholarships of Distinction: 2
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)
International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: $140,000 ($35,000 x 4 years)
All scholarships above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
To be considered for the Major International Scholarships, you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
• Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
• Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2021
• Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
• Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
• Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
• Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
(i) The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
(ii) Candidates must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
(iii) The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
• Must upload one letter of recommendation
• Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by 1 February 2021 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
• Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by 1 February 2021 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
2021-2022 Applications are currently closed.
To apply, you must complete the International Student Scholarship & Award Application form online. A 9-digit York reference number is required, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to York. You must submit your application to York by 15 January 2021 at the latest. The deadline for applications is 1 February 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.