The universities of the Coimbra Group is currently awarding a short-term visit (generally 1 to a maximum of 3 months) to young African researchers from higher education institutions from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 2008, young researchers from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to spend a short period at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research there.
The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts.
Eligibility criteria for the Coimbra Group Short-Term Scholarships.
- Applicants should be born on or after 1 January 1976
- Applicants should be nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants should be of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status although some universities offer grants for Master’s level students
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All African countries except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia
To be taken at (Country): The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2022 edition of the scheme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Eötvös Loránd University (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Jagiellonian University Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Montpellier 3 Paul-Valéry (France)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
Type: Research, Short course
Number of Awardees: Limited
Value of Award: Successful students will have access to excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities. The scholarships include financial support for tuition, living costs, airfares etc.
Method of Application: Begin Application Process Here
Application Deadline: 15th April 2022 midnight (Brussels time)
Visit The Official Website For More Information