Hotmail login-sign-up guide, Hotmail is a fast, free email service from Microsoft Corporation. However, the service is no longer known as Hotmail, MSN, or Windows Live. The site has been completely upgraded to the latest Outlook.com.
It turns out that a few years ago precisely on April 3rd, 2013 Microsoft changed its website to “Outlook.com”, therefore Hotmail is now an Outlook extension, so to speak.
Since Hotmail now functions within the Outlook services, it can be perplexing when we want to open a Hotmail account and the Outlook website is accessed. However, if you wish to create or log in to your old Hotmail account, you must do it from the Outlook portal. The same is true for the procedure of opening a new Hotmail account; you must do it from the same website whether you wish to open an Outlook or Hotmail account. Knowing that Outlook and Hotmail share a website will make it simpler for us to comprehend why the Outlook page opens when we type Hotmail into our search engine.
To get started, It only takes a few minutes to open a free account on outlook.com if you don’t already have one. You may access your emails, calendars, and tasks with a free hotmail.com account from any location with an internet connection.
Hotmail login-sign-up guide / Benefits of having a Microsoft Outlook account
- The capabilities of Microsoft apps are available to you.
- An improved user experience with Microsoft Office accounts
- The email service is quick and responsive.
- You can manage several of your Microsoft devices with an account (Telephones, Computers, and intelligent equipment of the company)
- Interactive messaging with the people you have added to your email contact list
You will have a profile that is akin to one on a social networking site where you can add a profile picture and a comment about yourself that other users may see.
HOW TO SIGNUP HOTMAIL?
Hotmail registration is really simple. Since everything is now routed through this new service from Microsoft, if you visit hotmail.com or any other country’s version of Hotmail, you will be taken to the Outlook.com website. All of your contacts, emails, and calendar appointments have been moved to Outlook.com. You now have access to all of your materials, emails, and documents at any time.
However, below are the steps required to easily create a new www.hotmail.com account and perform hassle-free Hotmail sign-up.
- To create an account, first, go to signup.live.com
- Now fill out the registration form that you see on the left side of your screen. Enter your first and last name in the first two text boxes above.
- Select and enter your new username.
- From the drop-down list on the right, choose whether you want to create your new Microsoft account at Outlook.com or Hotmail.com.
- Create a strong password having at least eight characters.
- Re-enter your new password.
- Select your country or region from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your zip code.
- Choose your date of birth from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your gender.
- Enter your country code.
- Enter your contact number.
- Provide an alternate email address if you have one.
- Enter the characters you see in the image below in the registration form. This step is required because
Microsoft wants to make sure that an account is made by a real person.
Now all you have to do is click the blue “Create Account” button, and you’re done! You can manage your emails, contacts, data, and appointments after the process is complete because you are currently in your new inbox. You’ll discover that it’s not challenging.
HOTMAIL SIGN IN / HOTMAIL LOGIN
To signup for Outlook.com, you don’t need an Outlook email address. Hotmail Sign up is also compatible with email addresses ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com, and @msn.com. We’ll now examine the Hotmail login process.
- First, call up the website https://outlook.live.com/owa/in your Internet browser and click on “Login.”
- You will then be redirected to the general Microsoft login and can log in.
- In the new window, enter your Hotmail email address (@hotmail.com) or one of these email addresses: @live.com or @msn.com.
- Then enter your password and confirm with Next. You will then have access to your mailbox and can receive and send emails and upload documents.
However, after switching from a Hotmail to an Outlook email address, it is no longer possible to switch back to Hotmail.
Setting Up Hotmail Account.
Once your Hotmail account is ready, you need to set it up to receive your email:
- Open your inbox
- Click “Options” at the top right of the page
- Select “Other options.”
- Open “Manage Your Account” and click on “Send and receive messages from other email accounts.”
- Click “You can receive mail from these accounts” and then click “Add an email account.”
- Click on “Advanced Options” and enter the required information (address, username, Hotmail password, etc.).
- Make sure the “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)” check box is unchecked and that the port is 110
- Select “Leave a copy of the messages on the server” so you can view your messages in Outlook or other email software.
- Click on Continue”.
- Specify where the mail that arrives at your email address should go
- Click on “Save.”
Forget Hotmail Account Password?
If you can’t log in to Hotmail, you may have forgotten your credentials. To recover the password, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Reset Password to get started.
- Choose the reason why you can’t sign in and click Next.
- Enter the email address you used to create your Microsoft account.
- Enter the characters that appear on the screen and select Next.
- If you’ve added security info to your account, choose whether you want the one-time code sent to your alternate email address or phone number.
- Then write the code that appears on the next screen and create your new password.
If you still couldn’t type in Hotmail, your account may have been banned. To do this, you need to unlock it as follows:
- Go to reset password to reset your password and recover your account.
- Enter the email address of your blocked account, enter the characters shown on the screen and select Next.
- Then enter the code generated by the authenticator app or select another verification option to receive a text message.
- These text messages can come from “MSFT,” as a short number, or as a mobile phone number. If you have requested a six-digit security code, you can trust the incoming message.
- If you don’t have or can’t access an alternate email address or phone number, select I didn’t receive a code when asked for a code when logging in, or I don’t have access to it when you reset the password and follow then follow the instructions.
- After entering the security code, you need to change the password to complete the unlocking process.
- Make sure you create a strong and unique password to keep your account secure.
Microsoft’s free Hotmail email service has been relaunched as Outlook and includes a number of new online tools and capabilities. With Hotmail, you can access your email from any location with an Internet connection.
You may now quickly do Hotmail sign up as well as the other password recovery, forgot password, and Hotmail login choices by following this guide. You may have already noticed how easy it is to log in to Hotmail using Outlook. All you need to do is keep your Hotmail password and email address in mind. If you haven’t used it in a while, it could get complicated. However, you can follow the instructions provided to recover your password quickly and easily.